Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to open an Acer X163W LCD

First off, I am not responsible for anyone's actions. If you follow this guide and destroy your LCD I am not to be held responsible. I am not an employee of Acer or any LCD manufacturer. This guide is based solely off my experience.

I am opening this LCD for a case mod so this blog may be updated from time to time on how to make the monitor slimmer.

OK to open this up first you have to take the stand stem off. The picture to the left here the stand is off but the buttons on either side is what needs to go first. When you remove these (which you should be able to pinch off with little effort) unscrew the 4 screws and then stem is removed.







To open the monitor I worked from both top corners. Opening then using a tiny screw driver is they way I went.










This is a close up view of the side of the monitor as you open it up. I would recommend to open it slowly and to try and undo the latches as best you can. I actually broke one removing it myself.









Here is my fast and dirty diagram of where the latches are. I broke the one with the arrow on accident after it gave me some trouble.


And after that, the LCD comes easily out of the plastic case. The buttons are not tied to anything.


Next time I get aroudn to trying to make the LCD thinner I will update this blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment